North Carolina Boat Insurance
A Life Jacket for Your Boat
No one understands the peace and serenity that calm, open waters can bring like a boat owner. And only boat owners know just how quickly a tide can change when out at sea.
In 2010 alone, there were over 6,000 boating accidents. If you have spent any time in the water, be it a lake, river or ocean, you know what can happen, happens quickly. However, if you have proper NC boat insurance, then you should feel protected.
A boating accident can ruin your peace of mind, finances and even claim your life. For a small monthly amount you can protect yourself from the unforeseen with North Carolina boat insurance. You should not be stressed while you are in your boat, so let us worry about your finances while you enjoy the waters.
Custom Fit Boat Protection
There are a number of different types of boats and we have customized plans that we will match to custom fit you and your North Carolina boat insurance needs. All you have to do is choose your plan and what you would like it to include.
Customize your insurance plan by choosing from the following coverages (subject to policy limits and guidelines):
- Physical Damage - Choose actual cash value, replacement cost, or agreed value coverage for your boat, motor, trolling motors, trailer, and boating equipment. Agreed value and replacement cost covered boats with partial losses generally are not subject to depreciation, except batteries, sails, plastic and canvas coverings, outdrive units and outboard motors more then five years old, and personal watercraft.
- Roadside Emergency Service* - Pays for towing and labor for covered emergencies.
- Personal Effects* - Coverage for personal items you take boating, like cameras and clothing.
- On-water Towing* - Coverage to help get you back on dry land.
- Fishing Equipment* - Protection for your rods, reels, lures, tackle boxes, and electronic gear.
- Rental Reimbursement* - To help pay for a rental boat so you can get back on the water if your boat is disabled more than 24 hours due to a covered loss.
- Liability Insurance - Protects again personal injury claims and damage to others' property. Pollution liability coverage is included at no charge. Plus, when you choose liability, comprehensive, and collision coverage, wreckage removal coverage is included at no charge.
- Medical Payments** - To pay medical bills for the treatment of injuries that are incurred by you or others while operating or occupying your boat.
*Requires physical damage coverage; **Requires liability coverage
Save 35% with Package Coverages
Towing, fishing equipment, personal effects, roadside assistance with a covered trailer, and rental reimbursement coverages are packaged together to meet your boat type's needs. NC boat insurance packages include:
- Light Tackle Angler
- Deep Water Pro
We also offer discounts including:
- Multiple policy discount when you also have your home or auto insurance policy with the same company.
- Multiple boat discount when you insure more than one boat on a policy (personal watercraft do not qualify for this discount).
- Boater safety course discounts are also available. Contact the following organizations to find a boater safety course near you:
- U.S. Coast Guard: www.cguax.org or call 800-368-5647
- U.S. Power Squadron: www.usps.org or call 888-For-USPS
Your boat is an important part of you and your family's lives, and it should have the proper North Carolina boat insurance coverage. At First Pioneer Insurance, we will protect you, your boat and your passengers with the precise boat insurance needed for your vessel.
Your North Carolina Boat Insurance Specialists
At First Pioneer Insurance we have protected the residents of North Carolina with boat insurance since 1980. We know our area and the waters in it. Our offices in Aberdeen, Asheboro and Boone have amazing agents waiting to offer you the best NC boat insurance available. Our agents will help you find boat
insurance protection that pays for itself in peace of mind as well as dollars and cents.
Complete the Free NC Boat Insurance Quote Request form right now, before your boat launches.